Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Music to my ears...

So for those of you who've asked what kind of music do I listen to when I paint- well, it depends on what I'm painting. For example, I mostly listen to trance music when I paint the larger abstracts, with an occasional Enigma thrown in.

When I paint landscapes or sunsets, I listen to new age music like Amethystium . Since this type of painting requires greater detail, I can't listen to trance, unless I want to turn it into a pure abstract.

I've also listened to classical music while painting portraits and certain landscapes. For the most part, though, I try to stay away from too many lyrics. The music I've mentioned so far has few lyrics. (I think Enigma has the most lyrics, but it's more background, or at least my brain thinks so! ) I find it distracting sometimes to hear lyrics when my mindset is somewhere else.

So now you have an idea of what I've listened to when creating your painting!

No comments: