Monday, December 11, 2006

A New Daily Painting - 'WINDOWS TO THE WORLD', (WTC) an abstract Painting by AJ LaGasse


This is my latest piece- a (5) piece abstract set. Each panel is 12 x 36 inches, with an overall size of 60 inches by 36 inches.

This piece is the first in a series. The title refers to the shape of the windows of New York City's World Trade Center (WTC), which was like a second home to me for several years during the 80's and 90's. As many know, the name of the restaurant at the top of one of the towers was 'Windows on the World'. It was a great place to have some wine and sample hor's douvres, and look out at the city and it's surroundings at night- truly a spectacular sight!

Having worked in the towers for years, I remember always looking out through the slim windows at the sky, the sunsets, the city, the weather. I never got tired of looking through the windows. Thus, these panels represent the view of the world from those windows- full of color and life. This set celebrates all the good things that I saw and felt as I peered through those windows!

My experience with the tragic events that unfolded there, however, will be chronicled in a separate post, and I will link to it from here.

-AJ

No comments: