Tuesday, June 05, 2007

LaGASSE Original OIL Paintings-TEXTURED ABSTRACT Art 'SEDONA FOSSIL'



'Sedona Fossil' - 24x30 inches - Textured Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas.

My latest daily painting is a brief departure from my latest abstract style of large-format acrylic paintings. The reason is that oil paint, especially in thick textured form, takes a VERY LOOONNNGGG time to dry!

Don't get me wrong- I LOVE doing this type of painting - I just run out of space to keep them while they dry! We're talking an average of 3-5 weeks to dry enough to handle and ship. Sometimes, they simply will not dry.

Luckily, this has only happened twice (thanks for understanding, Mike!), and I literally have to remove the paint from the canvas, or re-stretch with new canvas, and re-paint the painting. This is why this type of painting is more valuable- it's the time element at work, like a fine wine!

Anyway, this painting is called 'Sedona Fossil', for the hues that you'll find in Sedona, Arizona- those siennas, umbers and orange/yellow hues.

No comments: